SHREVEPORT, LA - No one was hurt in a house fire in Shreveport early Friday morning.


Firefighters were called to a home on Murvon Street in the Mooretown neighborhood at 4:22 AM. The first unit to arrive on the scene reported smoke and flames visible from a one-story home. Two people inside the home were able to get out ok. No one hurt. No firefighters were hurt while battling the blaze.

From SFD:

It took the efforts of twenty-one (21) firefighters operating eight (8) units to bring the fire under control at 4:47 AM. The house suffered heavy fire and smoke damage. While the official cause of the fire is under investigation, investigators cannot eliminate the possibility of a space heater as a contributing factor. As outside temperatures turn colder this winter season, an increase in home heating related fires becomes a concern.


We are expecting another chilly night and residents should follow best practices regarding the operation of space heaters which include plugging them directly into a wall outlet and not an extension cord, turning the heater off before leaving the house or going to sleep, and keeping a minimum of three feet of clear space around the heater. Remember, “space heaters need space.”

Smoke alarms save lives. This home did not have working smoke alarms. SFD officials say "smoke alarms are the first step in a home fire escape plan and are essential to provide a person early warning and allow them time to escape to safety."

If you need a smoke alarm for your home, contact the Fire Prevention Bureau at 318-673-6740 or request one online at

Caddo Parish Violent Offenders December 23rd-29th

The following booking photos are those who were booked in to Caddo Correctional Center for crimes of a violent or sexual nature. All those pictured are considered innocent until proven guilty.

Gallery Credit: Caddo Correctional Center

More From News Radio 710 KEEL