No one was hurt in a house fire in the Queensborough neighborhood last night. The fire started just before 6:30p.m. at a home in the 2900 block of Frederick Street.

Signal 51 Group
Signal 51 Group

The blaze started in a back room. The resident says she heard a loud “boom.” The owner noticed flames coming from the refrigerator in the kitchen. She immediately woke her spouse and they were able to get out of the home before firefighters arrived.

Firefighters reported heavy smoke and flames coming from one side of the home which was heavily damaged by the blaze. Family members were given information about help available from the United Way.

The cause of the fire has been deemed accidental.

There were no functioning smoke alarms in the home. The Shreveport Fire Department reminds citizens that free smoke alarms are provided and installed for residents within the city limits. For more information regarding free smoke alarms please call the Shreveport Fire Prevention Office at 318-673-6740.

Goosebumps and other bodily reactions, explained

More From News Radio 710 KEEL