Area residents who have suffered damage as a result of the 2016 flood are encouraged to report that damage to local authorities.

Our region will have to meet a minimum threshold before we become eligible for federal help.

Caddo Sheriff Steve Prator is urging residents who  have interior property damage to make an initial report as soon as possible.

"We will use this data to support our application to the federal government to receive aid," the Sheriff said. "All we need to know is whether you have damage. We do not need to know the dollar amount of those damages. So if your home has water inside, contact us."

You can call 675-2255 or report the damage online at

For Bossier Parish residents, report your damage to: 425-5351 or online at