Powerball Dreaming Continues in Louisiana and the Nation
No winner in the Saturday night Powerball drawing. The jackpot climbs to more than $685 million for the Monday night drawing. This puts the prize at #7 on our list of the top 20 largest jackpots in the country.
The onetime payout for this monster prize is $485 million dollars. Of course, you'll have to pay taxes on that amount, but you will still take home a whopper of a check.
Here’s a list of the top 20 prizes from the multistate games: Powerball and Mega Millions:
- $1.586 billion Powerball January 13, 2016. There were 3 winning tickets for this prize. These tickets were purchased in Tennessee, Florida, and California. Each had the option to take a lump sum of $327.8 million.
- $1.537 billion Mega Millions October 2018. There was one winning ticket purchased in South Carolina. The ticket was sold at a KC Mart convenience store in the town of Simpsonville. This is the largest single-ticket jackpot in U.S. history.
- $1.050 billion ($776.6 million cash) was won by the Wolverine FLL Club of Oakland County, Michigan in January of 2021.
- $768.4 million, Powerball won by a single ticket in Wisconsin. Cash: $477 million.
- $758 million, Powerballwon August 24, 2018, by Mavis Wanczyk of Massachusets. She chose the lump sum payment of $480 million.
- $687.8 million, Powerball won Oct. 27, 2018. There were two winning tickets. One in Iowa and another in New York.
- million dollar Powerball jackpot is up for grabs Monday night October 4.
- $656 million, Mega Millions, won March 30, 2012, by three tickets, sold in Maryland, Illinois and Kansas. Cash: $471 million
- $648 million, Mega Millions, won Dec. 17, 2013, in Georgia and California. Cash: $347.6 million.
- $590.5 million, Powerball, won May 18, 2013, in Florida. Cash: $370.9 million.
- $587.5 million, Powerball, won Nov. 28, 2012, by two tickets, sold in Missouri and Arizona. Cash: $384.7 million
- $564 million, Powerballjackpot was won by one ticket in New Hampshire in the drawing on Saturday, January 6, 2018.
- $559.7 million Powerball, A single ticket was sold at Reeds Ferry Market in Merrimack, NH. The winning ticket holder wants to remain anonymous.
- $543 million Mega Millions. There was one winning ticket sold in California in the July 2018 drawing.
- $536 million Mega Millions, a single ticket was sold in Indiana on July 8, 2016.
- $530 million Mega Millions, one winning ticket was sold in California for the June 7, 2019 drawing.
- $515 million Mega Millions, one ticket sold in Pennsylvania wins this big jackpot on Friday May 21, 2021.
- $487 million Powerball, winning ticket was sold in New Hampshire on July 30, 2016
- $455 million, Powerball, winning ticket was sold in Pennsylvania on March 17, 2018.
- $450 million, Mega Millionsticket was sold in Florida for the January 5th, 2018 drawing.