Shreveport Man Wanted for Sexual Assault of a Juvenile
On January 4th, 2023, a warrant was issued for the arrest of Daniel Havis (10-24-91) for one count of 1st-degree rape.
Havis is suspected of sexually assaulting a Juvenile. First-degree rape is described as anal, oral, or vaginal sexual intercourse and is deemed to be without the lawful consent of the victim because it is committed under any one or more of the following circumstances:
(1) When the victim resists the act to the utmost, but whose resistance is overcome by force.
(2) When the victim is prevented from resisting the act by threats of great and immediate bodily harm, accompanied by apparent power of execution.
(3) When the victim is prevented from resisting the act because the offender is armed with a dangerous weapon.
(4) When the victim is under the age of thirteen years. Lack of knowledge of the victim's age shall not be a defense.
(5) When two or more offenders participated in the act.
(6) When the victim is prevented from resisting the act because the victim is a person with a disability.
If convicted, he could face death or life imprisonment at hard labor without the benefit of parole, probation, or suspension of sentence, in accordance with the determination of the jury. The suspect is innocent until proven guilty.
If you have information on the whereabouts of this dangerous suspect, please contact
Shreveport Police at 318-673-7300 #3. If you would like to supply information and stay anonymous contact Caddo Crime Stoppers at 318-673-7373. Remember Crime Stoppers only wants your information, not your name.