LSU Political Expert: It Could Be A Long Night for the GOP [VIDEO]
Dr. Martin Johnson, Dean of the LSU Manship School of Mass Communications, talks with 101.7 / 710 KEEL's Robert J Wright about the midterm elections and what both parties should expect as results from national races start to come in.
Johnson tells KEEL listeners about the recently conducted Cook Political Report, which was conducted by LSU, and he says that survey found a number of interesting points as Americans go to the polls. From ksla.com:
- Trump is a factor in the election, with two-thirds of Americans saying that they will use the midterm election to either show support or opposition for President Trump.
- Democrats have a 12-point lead in the 72 most competitive House Congressional districts – but it’s still a close race! There is a nine-point margin of error.
- 62 percent of all Americans say they believe that President Trump does not deserve to be president.
- 41 percent of all Republicans report that they want to see President Trump face a serious primary challenger in the 2020 election.
- The two most important things to Americans right now are healthcare and the economy.
- Republicans rate the economy as most important.
- Democrats rate healthcare as most important.