Dreams of Winning Big Bucks in Powerball Continues in Louisiana
This was not my lucky week and it wasn't your either. There was no big winner for the Powerball jackpot on Wednesday night. This means the big prize keeps growing.
Louisiana residents are still dreaming of winning one of the biggest jackpots in the history of the game.
The big jackpot now climbs to $572 million for the Saturday night drawing. The lump sum payout will be $308.9 million. It's the 10th largest Powerball prize ever and the 16th largest lottery jackpot in U.S. history.
What Are the Largest Jackpots of All Time?
1. $2.04 billion, Powerball was won by one ticket in California on November 8, 2022.
2. $1.586 billion Powerball January 13, 2016. There were 3 winning tickets for this prize. These tickets were purchased in Tennessee, Florida, and California. Each had the option to take a lump sum of $327.8 million.
3. $1.537 billion Mega Millions October 2018. There was one winning ticket purchased in South Carolina. The ticket was sold at a KC Mart convenience store in the town of Simpsonville. This is the largest single-ticket jackpot in U.S. history.
4. $1.337 billion Mega Millions was won by one ticket in Illinois on July 29, 2022.
5. $1.3 billion Mega Millions was won by one ticket in the state of Maine.
6. $1.050 billion Mega Millions was won by the Wolverine FLL Club of Oakland County, Michigan in January of 2021.
7. $768.4 million, Powerball won by a single ticket in Wisconsin. Cash: $477 million.
8. $758 million, Powerball won August 24, 2018, by Mavis Wanczyk of Massachusetts. She chose the lump sum payment of $480 million.
9. $699 million, Powerball won on October 4, 2021 in California. The ticket was sold at an Albertson’s grocery store.
10. $687.8 million, Powerball won Oct. 27, 2018. There were two winning tickets. One in Iowa and another in New York.
11. $656 million, Mega Millions, won March 30, 2012, by three tickets, sold in Maryland, Illinois and Kansas. Cash: $471 million
12. $648 million, Mega Millions, won Dec. 17, 2013, in Georgia and California. Cash: $347.6 million.
13 $630 Million Powerball Wednesday, January 5, 2022. Two winning tickets, one in California and one in Wisconsin will split the jackpot.
14. $590.5 million, Powerball, won May 18, 2013, in Florida. Cash: $370.9 million.
15. $587.5 million, Powerball, won Nov. 28, 2012, by two tickets, sold in Missouri and Arizona. Cash: $384.7 million
16. $572 million Powerball is up for grabs on Saturday, January 28, 2023. Cash Value: $308.9 million.
17. $564 million, Powerball jackpot was won by one ticket in New Hampshire in the drawing on Saturday, January 6, 2018.
18. $559.7 million Powerball, A single ticket was sold at Reeds Ferry Market in Merrimack, NH. The winning ticket holder wants to remain anonymous.
19. $545 million dollar Powerball jackpot is up for grabs Saturday September 25.
20. $543 million Mega Millions. There was one winning ticket sold in California in the July 2018 drawing.