These Tips Will Help You Survive a Mardi Gras Bal in Shreveport
Welcome to Mardi Gras Season in Shreveport-Bossier.
Saturday night the Centaur Bal will take over the Shreveport Convention Center and you might see some people dressed up bar hopping. Don't be alarmed, they're either pre-gaming before the big event or they have left the party and have made their own little party at the local dive bar.
If You Have Never Been to a Mardi Gras Bal in Shreveport-Bossier, You Are in for a Treat.
There are some things that I wish I would have been told like you should eat before you go because the food isn't served until after the tableau.
The Krewe of Centaur recently posted some tips and tricks that they took from a fellow Krewe member and Corporate sponsor Cheryl Cheryl Johnson Sims and we think these are perfect for anyone attending any Mardi Gras Bal around Shreveport-Bossier.
"1. Ladies- wear flip-flops, flats, sandals or tennis shoes under those long gowns! Walking barefoot on those floors is really gross.
2. Eat before you come! There is a buffet, but it's going to be served after the tableau (show).
3. Open bar is awesome!! Pace yourself!!! Don't try to keep up with the Krewe folks, we've trained for this.
4. Don't take centerpieces! Usually, everything else at your place setting is yours for the taking though!
5. Be prepared to be covered in confetti!!! And, I mean COVERED!!! It is wise to cover your glass as the royalty parades by! Or drink from a can. (It also makes the floors slick)
6. Guys- once your lady has those perfect pics, feel free to loosen those ties or take off those coats. You get to let loose too!
7. If you’re not staying at the Hilton please use Uber or Lyft
8. Most important, HAVE FUN! It is Mardi Gras y'all!!!"