Bossier and Greater Shreveport Chambers of Commerce Announce 2013 ATHENA Award Nominees
The Bossier Chamber of Commerce and The Greater Shreveport Chamber of Commerce Business Development Connection continue to partner in honoring two individuals -- one in Bossier and one in Shreveport -- with the prestigious ATHENA Award.
According to a news release from the two groups, the award is presented each year to two women "who have attained and personify the highest level of professional excellence by showing creativity and initiative in their business or profession, have devoted time and energy to improve the quality of life for others in the community in a meaningful way, and have opened the doors of leadership opportunities for women in order for them to achieve their full potential."
Here are this year's nominees:
(Bossier Chamber of Commerce)
- Julie Bass with Goodwill Industries of North Louisiana, Inc.
- Stephanie D. Edmiston with Ocean Marketing Group
- Teri T. Flash with Teri Flash Creative
- Dr. Nikki Gebara at Louisiana Tech
- Robin Williams with Holiday Lanes
- Atimberly Mapp at Virginia College
- Patricia Wyatt with Bossier Parish Community College
(Greater Shreveport Chamber of Commerce)
- Laurie Bibby Boswell with Holy Angels Residential Facility
- Lola Kendrick, Educational Consultant
- Katie McCullin with Chesapeake Energy Corp.
- Teresa Micheels with the Shreveport-Bossier Convention & Tourist Bureau
- Tina Marie Palmisano with Ernest's Orleans Restaurant & Lounge, Inc.
- Pamela Latrice Pero with The Pamela Pero Real Estate Team
- Kathi Smith with Military Affairs Council
The winners will be announced at the upcoming ATHENA Awards Luncheon on Thursday, November 7th, at the Shreveport Convention Center. Registration begins at 11:30 that morning, with lunch and awards announcements beginning at noon. Individual tickets are $35 and table sponsorships are available. Contact either the Bossier Chamber or Greater Shreveport Chamber for more info.