Allendale Home Heavily Damaged By Evening Fire
An Allendale home is heavily damaged by a late-evening fire. It was reported at 8:50 last night in the 200 block of Leroy Street.
The woman who lives there got out safely. The flames spread quickly into the attic and engulfed the front of the home.
Crews had the fire under control in about ten minutes. The homeowner says she lit a candle and fell asleep. When she woke up, she heard popping noises and realized the house was on fire. Fire officials are still investigating.