When Do Fireworks Go on Sale in Shreveport-Bossier for July 4 Celebrating?
Independence Day is right around the corner and for many, that celebration includes fireworks.
Those are already on sale in Shreveport. They can be sold and discharged until July 5, but you can't shoot them off after 10 each night.
In Bossier City, fireworks may be sold and discharged within the city limits from June 28 through July 5, between the hours of 10AM and 10PM. Anyone caught shooting off fireworks outside those hours can face fines of up to $500 and/or 60 days in jail.
Here are some safety tips local fire departments recommend for your safe Independence Day celebrating:
- Young children should never be given fireworks to handle alone. Responsible adult supervision is a must.
- Always purchase fireworks from a reputable retail outlet.
- Never shoot off fireworks indoors or other enclosed areas such as carports.
- Read and follow all warnings and instructions.
- Use a “punk” to ignite fireworks. Never use an open flame such as a cigarette lighter or match.
- Never shoot, aim or throw fireworks at people or animals.
- Keep a garden hose or bucket of water handy for emergencies. Never try to re-ignite fireworks that have malfunctioned. Douse them with water and wait 15 minutes before properly disposing.
- Be aware of dry conditions. Never ignite fireworks on or near dry vegetation. Doing so could spark fires.
- Only light fireworks on a smooth, flat surface away from buildings and flammable materials.