Our Top 8 Shreveport/Bossier City Weekend Events Friday, September 20 – Sunday, September 22
From live music to laughter, Shreveport/Bossier has plenty to offer in the way of entertainment this weekend!
1. The Krewe of Gemini is hosting a giant rummage sale September 19th, 20th and 21st from 7 am - 4 pm each day at their den on East Texas in Bossier City. Featured items include jewelry, home decor, furniture, tools, clothing, and handbags. Proceeds will help to support the Mardi Gras Museum.
2. The Lady Bass Anglers Association end of year championship, The Lady’s Bass Classic 2019, continues today and tomorrow (Saturday) on Caddo Lake at Earl G. Williamson Park in Oil City. Weigh-in is each day shortly after check-in at 3 pm.
3. Comedian Eddie Griffin takes the stage tonight (Friday, September 20th) at Margaritaville’s Paradise Theater at 8 pm. Most recently, he was in A Star is Born with Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga. Other roles include Armageddon, Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo and Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo, as well as Date Movie, Scary Movie 3, The Last Boy Scout, Coneheads, and My Baby’s Daddy. Tickets are still available starting at $35.
4. The double point NLEA Club Show has been moved to Double Rainbow Equestrian Center in Haughton from Hidden Acres because of the rain. Jumpers will start Saturday at 8 am followed by hunter and equitation classes.
5. The Mission Possible 5K/10K is tomorrow in support of The Shreveport Bossier Rescue Mission's Life Recovery Program. The run will take place on the Old Autumn Breeze Trail in South Highland. Sign up is $40 on race day.
6. The Dixie Maze Fall Festival kicks off Saturday, September 21st and runs through Halloween. It features a pumpkin patch, an eight-acre corn maze, haunted trail, cow train, hayrides, duck races and more.
7. Bayou Stock is tomorrow (Saturday, September 21) at the Sterlington Sports Complex with Neal McCoy, Dylan Scott, Chris Lane, and Jon Langston!
8. CCR (Creedence Clearwater Revival) is at the Horseshoe Riverdome Saturday, September 21st, starting at 8 pm. The only tickets I could find available were verified resale tickets on Ticketmaster starting at $400 each