No Mega Millions Winner – Prize Climbs to $1.6 Billion, Largest in History
The Mega Millions jackpot is a whopper. There was no winner Friday night, so the big prize climbs to $1.6 billion for Tuesday night. This makes it the largest lottery jackpot in U.S. history.
I'm already dreaming about the big ticket items I will buy once my numbers roll in.
Here’s a list of the top prizes from the multistate games: Powerball and Mega Millions:
1. $1.6 billion dollar Mega Millions jackpot is up for grabs on Tuesday, October 23rd. As this prize continues to grow, it will surpass the previous leader which was in the same stratosphere.
2. $1.6 billion Powerball January 13, 2016
3. $758 million, Powerball won August 24, 2018 by Mavis Wanczyk of Massachusets. She chose the lump sum payment of $480 million.
4. $656 million, Mega Millions, won March 30, 2012, by three tickets, sold in Maryland, Illinois and Kansas. Cash: $471 million
5. $648 million, Mega Millions, won Dec. 17, 2013, in Georgia and California. Cash: $347.6 million.
6. $620 million, Powerball jackpot is up for grabs on Wednesday, October 24th.
7. $590.5 million, Powerball, won May 18, 2013, in Florida. Cash: $370.9 million. Record for most cash collected by a single winner.
8. $587.5 million, Powerball, won Nov. 28, 2012, by two tickets, sold in Missouri and Arizona. Cash: $384.7 million
9. $564 million, Powerball jackpot was one by one ticket in New Hampshire in the drawing on Saturday, January 6, 2018.
10. $559.7 million Powerball, A single ticket was sold at Reeds Ferry Market in Merrimack, NH. The winning ticket holder wants to remain anonymous.
11. $543 million Mega Millions. There was one winning ticket sold in California in the July 2018 drawing.
12. $536 million Mega Millions, a single ticket was sold in Indiana on July 8, 2016.
13. $487 million Powerball, winning ticket was sold in New Hampshire on July 30, 2016.
14. $455 million, Powerball, winning ticket was sold in Pennsylvania on March 17, 2018.
15. $450 million, Mega Millions ticket was sold in Florida for the January 5th, 2018 drawing.
16. $448.4 million, Powerball, for Aug. 7, 2013, drawing, won by 3 tickets, 2 of them in New Jersey, one in Minnesota. Cash: $258.2 million.
17. $447.8 million Powerball had one winner. Jeff Lindsay of California, who bought his Powerball ticket with the funds from a winning scratch ticket on June 10, 2017.
18. $435 million Powerball was won on February 22, 2017. An anonymous ticket holder in Indiana was the single winner.
19. $429.6 million Powerball winner from New Jersey. The ticket was held by the Smith family lottery pool. It was purchased on May 7, 2016.
20. $425.3 million Powerball jackpot was won by B. Raymond Buxton of California on February 19, 2014.
21. $420.9 million Powerball jackpot is won by a group of 20 longtime co-workers in Tennessee on November 26, 2016.
And just in case you don't realize how serious I take this, here's a meltdown I had when I didn't win.