No Powerball Winner – Largest Lottery Jackpots in U.S. History
No one hit all six numbers in the Powerball drawing Saturday night, so the jackpot for Wednesday climbs to $750 million dollars and it moves closer to the top of the list of the biggest lottery jackpots in history.
The winning numbers Saturday night were: 24, 25, 52, 60, 66 and the powerball was 5.
The lump sum payout of this latest jackpot is $465 million.
The Powerball jackpot continues to grow. Since there was no winner Saturday night, the prize moves up on our Top 20 list of largest jackpots in history at $550 million. This puts the amount at #10 on the list.
I'm already dreaming about the big ticket items I will buy once my numbers roll in.
Here’s a list of the top 20 prizes from the multistate games: Powerball and Mega Millions:
1. $1.6 billion Powerball January 13, 2016. There were 3 winning tickets for this prize. These tickets were purchased in Tennessee, Florida and California. Each had the option to take a lump sum of $327.8 million.
2. $1.5 billion Mega Millions October 2018. There was one winning ticket purchased in South Carolina. The ticket was sold at a KC Mart convenience store in the town of Simpsonville. This is the largest single ticket jackpot in U.S. history.
3. $758 million, Powerball won August 24, 2018 by Mavis Wanczyk of Massachusets. She chose the lump sum payment of $480 million.
4. $750 million Powerball jackpot is up for grabs on Saturday, March 23, 2019. The lump sum payout would be $380 million.
5. $656 million, Mega Millions, won March 30, 2012, by three tickets, sold in Maryland, Illinois and Kansas. Cash: $471 million
6. $648 million, Mega Millions, won Dec. 17, 2013, in Georgia and California. Cash: $347.6 million.
7. $590.5 million, Powerball, won May 18, 2013, in Florida. Cash: $370.9 million. Record for most cash collected by a single winner.
8. $587.5 million, Powerball, won Nov. 28, 2012, by two tickets, sold in Missouri and Arizona. Cash: $384.7 million
8. $564 million, Powerball jackpot was one by one ticket in New Hampshire in the drawing on Saturday, January 6, 2018.
10. $559.7 million Powerball, A single ticket was sold at Reeds Ferry Market in Merrimack, NH. The winning ticket holder wants to remain anonymous.
11. $543 million Mega Millions. There was one winning ticket sold in California in the July 2018 drawing.
12. $536 million Mega Millions, a single ticket was sold in Indiana on July 8, 2016.
13. $487 million Powerball, winning ticket was sold in New Hampshire on July 30, 2016.
14. $455 million, Powerball, winning ticket was sold in Pennsylvania on March 17, 2018.
15. $450 million, Mega Millions ticket was sold in Florida for the January 5th, 2018 drawing.
16. $448.4 million, Powerball, for Aug. 7, 2013, drawing, won by 3 tickets, 2 of them in New Jersey, one in Minnesota. Cash: $258.2 million.
17. $447.8 million Powerball had one winner. Jeff Lindsay of California, who bought his Powerball ticket with the funds from a winning scratch ticket on June 10, 2017.
18. $435 million Powerball was won on February 22, 2017. An anonymous ticket holder in Indiana was the single winner.
19. $429.6 million Powerball winner from New Jersey. The ticket was held by the Smith family lottery pool. It was purchased on May 7, 2016.
20. $425.3 million Powerball jackpot was won by B. Raymond Buxton of California on February 19, 2014.
And just in case you don't realize how serious I take this, here's a meltdown I had when I didn't win.