Shreveport School Wins a Huge National Honor
SHREVEPORT, LA – Congratulations today to a Shreveport school for an incredible honor. A local middle school has been named as a National Blue Ribbon School.
We shine the spotlight on Caddo Middle Magnet School as the only middle school in the state to get this honor for 2023. The local school held a surprise assembly to hear about this award. 9 schools in the state are being honored this year and this is the only school in Caddo or Bossier to be recognized.
Superintendent Lamar Goree praised all the students, saying,
Even though you’ve performed well, you’ve continuously improved your performance. You continuously showed growth. And today, I’m so excited that we received notification from the U.S. Secretary of Education that Caddo Parish Middle Magnet School will be recognized this year as a National Blue Ribbon School!
These nine Louisiana schools have won this honor as Blue Ribbon Schools for 2023.
- Archbishop Hannan High School in Covington
- Broadmoor Elementary School in Houma
- N.S.U. Elementary Lab School in Natchitoches
- A. E. Phillips Laboratory School in Ruston
- Caddo Parish Middle Magnet School in Shreveport
- Boley Elementary School in West Monroe
- St. Joseph’s Academy in Baton Rouge
- St. Luke’s Episcopal School in Baton Rouge
- Juban Parc Elementary School in Denham Springs.
State Education Superintendent Dr. Cade Brumley says:
These nine Louisiana schools have set a standard of academic excellence that’s on par with the nation’s premiere K-12 academic institutions. Congratulations to the families, students, and educators of this year’s National Blue Ribbon Schools. Their dedication to academic excellence is an example of what’s possible for Louisiana schools.
How Much Do Teachers in Each Parish in Louisiana Make?