Krewe of Barkus and Meoux Name 20th Royal Court
The 'animal krewe' of Barkus and Meoux revealed their royal court for their 20th year yesterday, which included KVKI's Ginger as 'Duchess of Furry Friends' and Bristol's husband Keith as King XX!
The coronation of the new royal court for the Krewe of Barkus and Meoux XX was held Sunday, August 20, 2018 at the El Dorado Casino and Resort in downtown Shreveport and also included the presentation of $1,000 donations from the krewe to local rescue TSR LA Baby Mommas and the animal welfare agency Nova's Heart. The grand marshal for the krewe's annual pet parade was named and that honor went to Margeaux Morgan for the upcoming 2019 KBM pet parade. If you're not familiar with Margeaux and her owners' story, you better grab the tissues and click here.
Party goers were treated to a fantastic brunch, endless mimosas, a DJ, silent auction and a raffle for gift cards to area restaurants worth $895 allowing the winner to enjoy 30 meals at different eateries for 30 days. The winner of the raffle was Father Kenneth Paul, a longtime supporter of the krewe. The theme for year 20, 'Steampunk Pups and Futuristic Felines,' was also widely apparent, with plenty of steampunk decor and gears and goggles galore!
Here are the names of the new royal court of the Krewe of Barkus and Meoux XX:
Captain: David Frye
Co-Captain: Daphne Childress
King: Keith Woods
Queen: Jean Johnson
Duke of Barkus and Meoux: Alex Anderson
Duchess of Barkus and Meoux: Loraine Guerrero
Duke of Furry Friends: Kennerth Pierson
Duchess of Furry Friends: Hannah 'Ginger' Fletcher
Prince: Taylor Guerrero
Princess: Hannah Guerrero
Congrats to the new royal court! Make plans to join them for all the fun events the krewe has planned during the upcoming season! If you'd like to find out how to join Barkus and Meoux, click here!
Fun facts about the Krewe of Barkus and Meoux:
- Next Pet Royalty Raffle: Sunday, February 10, 2019
- Next Pet Parade: Sunday, February 24, 2019
- The Krewe of Barkus and Meoux Pet Parade is the largest in the nation
- Annual membership dues are only $35
- The Krewe of Barkus and Meoux was started in August of 1999 by Barbara Ruane and a small group of animal lovers
- Over the last year, Barkus and Meoux has given back over $17,500 to the community through emergency assistance, grants, rescue donations and our feral cat programs.
- All donations to Barkus and Meoux are tax deductible under IRS Cod Sec 501c(3)