Louisiana Residents Keep Dreaming About Winning Powerball Jackpot
SHREVEPORT, LA - Another weekend with no winner in the monster Powerball drawing. The jackpot climbs to a whopping $638 million dollars for the Monday night drawing. The lump sum, onetime payout will be $304 million.
This is now the 17th largest lottery jackpot ever. It's the 10th biggest Powerball jackpot of all time.
Here’s a list of the top 20 prizes from Powerball and Mega Millions:
- $2.04 billion, Powerball was won by one ticket in California on November 8, 2022.
- $1.586 billion Powerball January 13, 2016. There were 3 winning tickets for this prize. These tickets were purchased in Tennessee, Florida, and California. Each had the option to take a lump sum of $327.8 million.
- $1.58 Billion Mega Millions was won in August of 2023. The winning ticket was purchased in Florida.
- $1.537 billion Mega Millions October 2018. There was one winning ticket purchased in South Carolina. The ticket was sold at a KC Mart convenience store in the town of Simpsonville. This is the largest single-ticket jackpot in U.S. history.
- $1.337 billion Mega Millions was won by one ticket in Illinois on July 29, 2022.
- $1.35 billion Mega Millions was won by someone in the state of Maine. Cash option was $723.5 million.
- $1.08 Billion Powerball was won by one ticket in California on July 19, 2023.
- $1.05 billion Mega Millions was won by the Wolverine FLL Club of Oakland County, Michigan in January of 2021.
- $768.4 million, Powerball won by a single ticket in Wisconsin on March 27, 2019. Cash: $477 million.
- $758 million, Powerball won August 24, 2018, by Mavis Wanczyk of Massachusetts. She chose the lump sum payment of $480 million.
- $754 Million Powerball was won in Washington on February 6, 2023.
- $731 Million Powerball was won on January 20 by a ticket in Maryland.
- $699 million, Powerball won on October 4, 2021 in California. The ticket was sold at an Albertson’s grocery store.
- $687.8 million, Powerball won Oct. 27, 2018. There were two winning tickets. One in Iowa and another in New York.
- $656 million, Mega Millions, won March 30, 2012, by three tickets, sold in Maryland, Illinois and Kansas. Cash: $471 million
- $648 million, Mega Millions, won Dec. 17, 2013, in Georgia and California. Cash: $347.6 million.
- $638 Million Powerball is up for grabs on Monday, September 18, 2023.
- $630 Million Powerball Wednesday, January 5, 2022. Two winning tickets, one in California and one in Wisconsin will split the jackpot.
- $590.5 million, Powerball, won May 18, 2013, in Florida. Cash: $370.9 million.
- $587.5 million, Powerball, won Nov. 28, 2012, by two tickets, sold in Missouri and Arizona. Cash: $384.7 million
- $564 million, Powerball jackpot was won by one ticket in New Hampshire in the drawing on Saturday, January 6, 2018.
- $559.7 million Powerball, A single ticket was sold at Reeds Ferry Market in Merrimack, NH. The winning ticket holder wants to remain anonymous.
- $543 million Mega Millions. There was one winning ticket sold in California in the July 2018 drawing.
- $536 million Mega Millions, a single ticket was sold in Indiana on July 8, 2016.
Highest Paid Shreveport Police Employees