Northwest Louisiana Master Gardeners Announce Grant Recipients
This coming Wednesday, January 11, 2012, at the NWLA Master Gardeners,
noon membership meeting at the Randal T. Moore Center winning grant recipients
will present their winning grant projects.
The Northwest Louisiana Master Gardeners Association are awarding a portion of $20,000 to two schools and five organizations that submitted worthy Community Gardening Projects
These worthy Community Gardening projects:
• Promote good horticultural practices and horticultural education.
• Promote and involve the community in gardening.
• Enhance the quality and quantity of publicly accessible green spaces and gardens.
• Support the establishment of community and school garden programs, environmental improvement activities, and public horticultural events.
The Northwest Louisiana Master Gardeners have awarded a share in $20,000 to:
• Captain Shreve High School, $3,700 for the Gator Explorer Butterfly Garden
& Outdoor Classroom.
• Centenary College, $3,200 for soil purchases and irrigation of its community garden.
• Common Ground Community, $1,500 for improvements at their community garden.
• Cypress Area Garden Club,$2,400 irrigation improvements to the Hughes House Garden
• Fuller Center for Housing of Northwest Louisiana, $5,000 irrigation of Millard Fuller Memorial Park.
• Pink Ribbon Garden and Shreveport Green, $1,500 to repair damage from the summer drought.
• Shreveport Green, $2,700 a cultivator to grow seeds to be given to schools and public projects and non-profits of the community.
This is the second year of this Annual North west Louisiana Master Gardener Program.
For more information please contact the NWLAMG at (318)518-8145, or by email to email@example.com
© Copyright 2011 www.lsuagcenter.org All Rights Reserved
Suzy Ryan, firstname.lastname@example.org
(318) 929-1159, (318) 564-6001