The Fright Fest 30-Hour Coffin Challenge at Six Flags
Six Flags in St. Louis is holding one of the creepiest contests ever on Saturday, October 13th. The contest is simple, 30 hours straight in a coffin, well kind of, there are bathroom breaks, but anyone who exits the box for any other reason will be out of the Fright Fest 30-Hour Coffin Challenge. The chosen "coffin dwellers" are able to take a friend, they will have the ability to keep their phones charged, but they must be okay with eating and drinking laying down. The "coffin dwellers" are also responsible for their own sleeping bag and pillow. As if that wasn't enough there will be Fright Fest Freaks that will randomly pay visits to the "coffin dwellers". This all sounds like a big NOPE for me. If you want to make the trip out to St. Louis, you could win two 2019 Gold Season Passes, a Fright Fest prize package, two VIP Haunted House passes, and a ticket for two to ride the Freak Train for Freak Unleashed plus be entered in a drawing for $300. Oh, we almost forgot, the coffin is also available to take home if the coffin dweller feels like it was oh so enjoyable and they want to keep sleeping in it. There is no word if Six Flag's Over Texas plans to join in on the coffin challenge, but if they do, we will be the first to let you know.
Here are the Coffin Dweller Requirements according to Sixflags.com:
- Must be 18 years or older and have a photo ID for verification
- Cannot have any medical condition(s) that would make residing in a coffin for 30 hours a risk to your health or wellbeing.
- Complete and sign a waiver at check-in
- Must be able to completely lay in a 2’ x 7’ coffin
- Provide your own pillow and sleeping bag or blankets
- Check in at Six Flags St. Louis by 11:30 am on Saturday, October 13
Six Flags St. Louis will provide:
- Six, deluxe, 2’ x 7’, slightly used coffins
- Breakfast in bed…well all meals, snacks and drinks in bed actually
- One, six-minute bathroom break every hour.
- Random visits by our Fright Fest Freaks
- A Six Flags representative will be present at all times
- Phone charging stations
If you're down for a road trip you can register here.