What Will the Rules for Sports Betting Be in Louisiana?
As the most recent legislation is written, here are the guidelines being discussed:
- You must be aged 21 or older.
- You would have to set up an account with a sports betting operator in the state.
- Must be physically located in a parish that has ok'd sports betting.
- If you live in a parish that voted no to sports betting, you could place bets by driving to a parish where it is legal.
- It is illegal for athletes, coaches, and referees to make bets on sports they are involved in.
- No bets can be made on youth or high school sports.
20 licenses would be approved for sportsbook operators. The casinos and racetracks in the state would have the first option to apply. If a license is still up for grabs, video poker businesses and fantasy sports betting operators could apply.
KEEP READING: Scroll to see what the big headlines were the year you were born