Here’s Where You Can Get Sandbags as Waters Continue to Rise
The Red River continues to rise as storms surround our region. The Red at Shreveport is expected to climb to 31 feet by Tuesday. The Red will likely remain at that level until Thursday.
The Red River crested at 37.14 ft on June 9th, 2015 and at 32.39 ft on May 4th, 2016.
Sandbags are available across the region.
In Bossier Parish, here are the locations:
• Parish Police Jury Highway Department Maintenance Facility, 410 Mayfield St., Benton
• South Bossier Fire District #2, 3551 Highway 527, Elm Grove.
• Haughton Fire District #1, 4494 Highway 80, Haughton.
• Town of Plain Dealing, 205 W. Palmetto.
• Town of Haughton, 120 W. McKinley Ave.
• Bossier City, Public Service Complex, 3223 Old Shed Road.
Here is where you can get sandbags in Caddo Parish:
Caddo Parish Solid Waste Office, 1701 Monty Street, Shreveport, LA 71107. Sandbags may be picked up beginning at 7am until 5pm. Citizens may pick up to 25 bags per visit.
There is also cause for concern around Lake Bistineau which is expected to rise to 143.8’ (1’ under major flood stage) by Thursday; and Bayou Dorcheat at Highway 80 should climb to 19’ (1’ under moderate flood stage) by Wednesday.'
Sandbags are available In Webster Parish at both parish barns (Crichton Rd, Sibley or Hwy 2, Sarepta) from 7:30 a.m.- 3:00 p.m. Monday - Friday,