Fire at Caddo Middle Magnet Causes Smoke Damage
Engines from the Shreveport Fire Department responded to reports of a fire at Caddo Middle Magnet in the 7600 block of Cornelious Lane early Tuesday afternoon. Several units were on scene at the school and were able to quickly extinguish the blaze, and were able to contain most of the damage to the gymnasium.
Fortunately, due to the fall break, there were no students or teachers at the school at the time of the fire. But maintenance work was being done at the school at the time, including work being performed in the gym.
Because of the fast response by the Shreveport Fire Department, the fire was able to be quickly controlled, resulting in isolated damage to the school. School operations are expected to be able to resume normally on the Monday following the fall break. Any classes or activities normally held in the main gym will be moved to the auxiliary gym until all restoration efforts are complete.