Dupont Fish Market on Market Street has been shut down by state officials. Health inspectors found numerous health code violations that they deemed unsafe and dangerous to the public.

Would you like to see inspection reports on your favorite restaurant, click right here to check them all out.

According to inspectors, Dupont apparently had rodents living in the shop, rusted utensils and unclean surfaces that come in contact with food. In order to reopen, the Fish Market must correct all cited violations.

The Department of Health put a sign on the door at the business at 161 N. Market St. It says "This establishment is declared to be an imminent health hazard by the state health officer."

The notification was signed by Dr. Parham Jaberi, assistant state health officeron July 16th. Items cited on this latest health inspection show flies, insects, rodents and other live animals were inside the business. There were also rusted utensils and several unclean items that came in contact with food.

The Shreveport Times reports Dupont Fish Market opened in the 1940s and its original owner, Dan Dupont, died in 2013 at age 91.

LDH has posted this video to show whats during an inspection.

This latest inspection at Duponts was conducted on July 13th.

Here's a list of the critical violations:

A rusty knife was used to in food preparation, permitting the migration of "deleterious substances."
A cutting board and knife sharpener were not clean to sight and touch.
Flies and other insects were present, including ants in freezer gaskets and insulation.
A dog was near freezers and where pecan equipment was stored. Feces were on the floor.

These are the non critical violations on the list:

Potentially hazardous foods were not properly thawed.
Fish was stored in a chest freezer rather than in clean, covered containers.
Fish was stored in a cooler in direct contact with ice or water.
Freezers did not have an accurate temperature-measuring device.
Chest freezers and ice coolers had an accumulation of dust, dirt, food residue and other debris.
Food handlers were not wearing hair restraints.
No soap and/or paper towels were provided at the hand-wash lavatory.
Toilet room fixtures were not clean.
Trash was piled in parts of the business and there were too few garbage receptacles.

More From News Radio 710 KEEL