Attorney Ron Miciotto talks with 101.7 / 710 KEEL's Robert J Wright and Erin McCarty about the steps a Shreveport mayor would have to take to legally remove and replace a police chief.

Miciotto, who has represented a number of clients before the civil service board, tells KEEL listeners that if a mayor wanted to replace the chief, it would have to go before that board. "The mayor would have to move to ask the civil service board for a hearing to remove the chief for good cause. That would entail presenting evidence that the chief (had acted improperly)."

Miciotto then explains the process - if the board ruled against the sitting chief - the legal appeals he would have available.

hear Robert J Wright and Erin McCarty weekday mornings from 6 til 9 on 101.7 / 710 KEEL, or by downloading the free KEEL app, presented by Office Furniture Source.

More From News Radio 710 KEEL