6 More JC Penney Stores Set to Close
JC Penney is closing at least 6 more stores. The reason for the decision is a result of a poor performance in the 4th quarter of 2019.
The company closed more than a dozen stores last year. Sales in the 4th quarter were off nearly 8%
The retailer has 2 stores in the local market: Pierre Bossier Mall in Bossier City and Youree Drive in Shreveport.
A JC Penney spokeswoman says these are the stores set to close:
- Missoula, Montana – Southgate Mall
- Valley Stream, New York – Green Acres Mall
- Raleigh, North Carolina – North Hills Shopping Center
- Akron, Ohio – Chapel Hill Mall
- Tulsa, Oklahoma – Tulsa Promenade
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina – Myrtle Beach Mall
CEO Jill Soltau said in a statement: “As we move into fiscal 2020, we remain focused on the key tenets of retail as we continue rebuilding the company and implementing our plan for renewal.”