Top 5 Shreveport and Bossier Bachelorette Party Ideas
Ahhh! Spring is in the air (or slightly cooler Summer in Louisiana) and not only are the girls breaking out their skirts and sundresses, but the bachelorette parties are also out hitting the town here in Shreveport-Bossier City, LA!
Wedding season is here and what girl doesn’t want to be sent out in style? The bachelorette party signifies a woman’s last chance to shake her butt without other women saying, “Can you believe Sally is out there on the dance floor doing that?!?!? Whatever would her husband think???” Sally is the queen for the night (or day) and guess what? She SHOULD be!!! She’s got a ton of laundry to fold in her future (take it from a girl who knows). Plus, she’s only going to do this once (hopefully!)
With that being said, all brides-to-be are different. Some want something quiet and low-key; others want to get WILD! After all, it’s the only time it’s permissible to wear plastic penises attached to a veil and tiara (or in my case, a pink LSU visor) in public. In addition, outside of the confines of a bachelorette party, it’s generally frowned upon to have strange men suck Life Savers off of your shirt for shot money with the time-honored tradition of ‘Suck for a Buck’… Just sayin’!
As for the women who want a quiet, classy bachelorette party, I’m not sure that’s possible around here because every bachelorette party includes at least two ex-party girls who have since tied the knot, haven’t been out in months, and are ready to GEAUX!!! Think of the girl you saw last weekend dancing on her chair at Superior… ‘nuff said… Regardless, when it's your bachelorette party, it’s YOUR night and I’ve gotten together with some of my favorite girls to create a guide for a perfect bachelorette party night out in the SBC!
- Secure AwesomeTransportation – First, you need to line up a safe (and lux) ride for you and your gal pals. I highly recommend getting the Trolley you see around town if you can;)
- Casino/Spa Day – Part of the coolness of living in Shreveport/Bossier is being able to take advantage of our access to the amazing services offered at the casinos. I suggest booking a top-floor suite overlooking the river for the bachelorette party and starting the festivities with a spa day! Almost all of the casinos have spas that can easily handle the number of women in a bachelorette party and will even offer specials, especially if you’re staying with them. You might wonder why you would want to stay in a hotel in the town you live in and there are several reasons including not wanting your husband and children to see you puke after a few too many. Click here for links to the different casinos with in-house spas: Horseshoe, Bally's, Margaritaville, and Sam's Town.
- Central Station – There’s something about a gay bar that bachelorette parties LOVE! The drag shows on Friday and Saturday nights at midnight are great and play host to incredible talent. Plus, what group of girls doesn’t want to be surrounded by hotties? For the record, your husband can’t get pissed either. Why? You’re perfectly ‘safe’ and he won’t take you so tell him to enjoy poker night and put a sock in it! Plus, it’s well-known Central Station has the best dance music in town; and since he won’t take you dancing, this is your chance!
- Phoenix 2.0 – What’s a bachelorette party without ending up downtown shaking your moneymaker till the wee hours? Tim and the staff and Phoenix 2.0 LOVE bachelorette parties and will cater to your every whim. Just make sure the Maid of Honor calls ahead to reserve one of the special VIP areas to make sure everyone knows exactly how special you are!
- Superior Grill – Superior Grill has long been established as the home of the best margaritas in the SBC. There’s been an urban legend going around for years that they add Everclear to their mix. I’ve been assured that’s not true, but I know if you have a two-margarita night, adventure is headed your way! So sit back, enjoy some of the area’s finest musicians, tuck into some fish tacos, and let the tequila take you away… And make sure your friends tell the wait staff it’s your big day because they will make sure everyone knows that you are the belle of the bal! There’s a reason you see several bachelorette parties here every weekend! Just remember to send someone over early to secure a table;)