According to KATC TV3, a family from Lake Charles has died from carbon monoxide poisoning.

The family of 5 was using a portable generator in their garage and, according to the Lake Charles fire chief, the family succumbed to the fumes. The garage door was left partially open, but not enough to allow the fumes to escape.

This is a sad reminder of how important it is to make certain that any generator has proper ventilation to prevent carbon monoxide buildup inside any enclosed space.

10 Things You Might Need If Your Power Is Going to Be Out Several Days

More From News Radio 710 KEEL