Help The Japanese People. Here’s How…
Many of you are wondering how you can help the Japanese people, in the wake of the devastating earthquake and tsunami that has struck the island nation. Here are some organizations involved in the rescue and recovery effort that you can donate to.
- The Red Cross - Provides donations, first-aid and emotional support for both survivors and rescuers
- United Way of Northwest Louisiana
- Doctors Without Borders - Provides funds that will support medical aid for the injured
- Save The Children - Disaster relief and support specifically for the children of Japan
- Salvation Army - Texting “Japan” or “Quake” to 80888 will donate $10 automatically
- Convoy of Hope - Text TSUNAMI to 50555 to donate $10 to Convoy of Hope’s Disaster Response efforts.
- Japan Earthquake and Tsunami Relief Fund - "Disburses funds to organizations providing relief and emergency services to victims of the earthquake and tsunami"
- ShelterBox - An organization devoted to providing immediate shelter for those made homeless by major disasters
- International Medical Corps - Major focus on deploying medical needs to affected areas
- Google People Finder - A searchable crowd-sourced log of people affected by the disaster in Japan