Father’s Day Fire Destroys Home in Shreveport
At 5:30 Fathers’ Day morning, a one story house fire was reported in the 4600 block of Tibbs. Upon arrival, Engine 3 reported heavy flames on all sides, announced that it would be a defensive attack and requested a supply line.
Engine 10 brought the supply line and all companies on scene pulled multiple lines and brought the fire under control in about 30 minutes. A major concern early on were the close exposures on either side of the house.
Quick work kept those houses from igniting. The home’s owner was out of town and there was no power in the area at the time. As always, Signal 51 provided rehydration for the crews.
During this time, Shreveport Fire Department would like to remind people to use caution when using generators and candles. Make sure generators NEVER go inside the home, and that all candles are extinguished before leaving the home or going to sleep.