Caddo Parish Holds Tire Amnesty Day
Illegal dumping is a serious problem in Caddo Parish, and tires make up a large chunk of the items that are illegally discarded.
The Department of Public Works – Solid Waste Division is looking to help the problem by accepting tire drop offs at the Parish’s Fleet Services building, located at 1701 Monty Street, Shreveport, LA 71107. And will take place on Saturday, October 5 from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Proof of residency and ID is all you need to unload some of those tires on your property, taking up space. It's tough to find a place to get rid of those old tires, and this gives you an easy chance to take advantage of.
The following regulations apply:
• NO commercial participation
• Each vehicle is limited to FIVE (5) tires per visit
• Small tires (golf cart, bicycle, etc.) are accepted
• Partial tires (ripped, blown out, etc.) are accepted
• Tires with rims will not be accepted
• 18 Wheeler tires will not be accepted
Residents can save time by pre-filling out a tire drop off form prior to arrival. The form may be accessed on the Parish’s website at www.caddo.org .
For more information, please contact the Parish’s Solid Waste Division at 318-226-6930