Big Kayak Bass Tourney To Benefit Shreveport PD Scholarship Fund
For the first time in their history, the Shreveport Police Union is holding a kayak bass tournament, and it promises to be an amazing event.
The popularity of kayak bass fishing has exploded, with some anglers traveling all across the country to participate in various tournaments, however, with this one, anglers will only have to travel to their choice of Lake Bistineau, Cross Lake, or Caddo Lake.
It is the "Heroes Remembered 1st Annual Kayak Fishing Tournament" and though participating anglers could win some awesome awards, the ultimate winners will be recipients of the Shreveport Police Union’s Blue Angels College Scholarship.
The Heroes Remembered Kayak Fishing Tournament has partnered with the Kayak Bass Team Kayak Fishing League to hold this tournament on May 20th, 2023.
An awards ceremony will be held immediately following the tournament at the Fraternal Order of Police E.G. Huckaby Lodge 2955 Duncan Drive on Cross Lake in Shreveport. At the awards there will be food and door prizes
A Couple of Rules You'll Need To Know
- Entry fee is $65. Big Bass is $10. Donation of $20
- 60% of payout will go to the Scholarship Fund. 40% will go to the kayakers
- 100% of the big bass will go to the winner of the big Bass
- Must wear PFD while on the water
- Public launch sites on the lakes of Caddo, Bistineau and Cross.
- Best 5 fish over the duration of the event
- Motors are allowed
- 12" Minimum size
To see all the rules for competing anglers or to register to participate in the Heroes Remembered Tournament, go to tourneyx.com