You Can Now Buy and Set Off Fireworks in Bossier City
You can now buy and discharge fireworks in Bossier City. Today through July 5th, you can set off your fireworks between 10 a.m. and 10 p.m. Tents that have popped up all over town earlier this week are stocked today and ready for business. Bossier City officials remind you that if you choose to set off your fireworks after 10 o'clock, you could face fines of up to $500 and/or 60 days in jail.
Here are some fireworks safety tips from Bossier City Fire Chief Brad Zagone:
· Always purchase fireworks from a reputable retail outlet.
· Never shoot off fireworks indoors.
· Young children should never be given fireworks to handle alone. Responsible adult supervision is a must.
· Read and follow all warnings and instructions.
· Use a "punk" to ignite fireworks. Never use an open flame such as a cigarette lighter or match.
· Never shoot, aim or throw fireworks at people or animals.
· Keep a garden hose or bucket of water handy for emergencies. Never try to re-ignite fireworks that have malfunctioned. Douse with water and wait 15 minutes before properly disposing.
· Be aware of dry conditions. Never ignite fireworks on or near dry vegetation. Doing so could spark fires.
· Only light fireworks on a smooth, flat surface away from buildings and flammable materials.