Contact Us

Unattended Cooking Causes Fire In Allendale Area of Shreveport

photo of fire engine
SFD photo

Shreveport firefighters believe unattended cooking caused a late-evening house fire in the Allendale community.

Crews arrived at the one-story wood frame home in the 2000 block of Grover Street just after 9:30 last night to find smoke coming from the eaves and flames from the back of the house.  The fire was brought under control just before 10 p.m.

The occupant told fire officials that she was heating grease to cook and left it unattended.  Investigators have confirmed the fire originated in the kitchen on the stove top. It caused more than $20,000 in damage to the home. No one was injured.

 

More from 710 KEEL

Best of the Web

Leave a Comment

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your points and personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account with your Facebook account, just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing profile and VIP program points. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://710keel.com using your Facebook account.

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

Register on News Radio 710 KEEL quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!

Not a Member? Sign Up Here.

Register on News Radio 710 KEEL quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!