The IRS Sent Refunds to 23,994 Unauthorized Aliens All at the Same Address in Atlanta
The amount of money the IRS sent to alien workers in 2011 totals more than $46 million in tax refunds.
These 23,994 unauthorized alien workers all listed this one address in Atlanta, Georgia. You can view the audit report here by the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration.
CNN reports there were 10 address from around the country and 4 of them were in Atlanta.
The IRS sent 11,284 refunds worth a combined $2,164,976 to unauthorized alien workers at a second Atlanta address; 3,608 worth $2,691,448 to a third; and 2,386 worth $1,232,943 to a fourth.
The IRS has has been knowingly facilitating the ability for Unauthorized Aliens to work illegally in the United States for almost fourteen years according to the Treasury Inspector General’s Semiannual Report to Congress.
Other locations for singular addresses used simultaneously by thousands of unauthorized alien workers are as follows:
- Oxnard, Calif, where the IRS sent 2,507 refunds worth $10,395,874
- Raleigh, North Carolina, where the IRS sent 2,408 refunds worth $7,284,212
- Phoenix, Ariz., where the IRS sent 2,047 refunds worth $5,558,608
- Palm Beach Gardens, Fla., where the IRS sent 1,972 refunds worth $2,256,302
- San Jose, Calif., where the IRS sent 1,942 refunds worth $5,091,027
- Arvin, Calif., where the IRS sent 1,846 refunds worth $3,298,877