Shreveport Man Rescued, Revived After Fire
A Shreveport homeowner was rescued and revived early this morning -- after his house caught fire. At about 3:45, firefighters were called out to the 4000 block of Bordeaux Drive -- in the Meadows Subdivision -- to a report of a choking victim. They arrived minutes later and not only found the homeowner unconscious on the kitchen floor, but also heavy smoke coming from the back door of the single-story brick home. Firefighters initiated CPR and successfully revived the 39-year-old man. He was taken to LSU Hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation. It took about 15 minutes to extinguish the fire, which investigators say was caused by food left unattended in the oven.