Shreveport Fire Fighters Respond to House Fire [Audio][Photo]
Shreveport fire investigators were on the scene of an early morning house fire, trying to determine the cause of the blaze that happened shortly before 4 o’clock this morning in the Stoner Hill Community.
Chief Scott Wolverton tells KEEL news the fire happened just off Youree Drive in the 1800 block of Acorn.
One of the family members had been on the computer and another had just been in the room where the flames were, ironing clothes.
The house sustained heavy fire damage to the room where flames were burning, as well as moderate smoke damage to the rest of the house.
The cause of this morning’s fire was due to an extension cord that was plugged into an air conditioning window unit that overheated. The window unit was in a front bedroom, where the fire began.
Shreveport fire officials encourage residents not to use extension cords with appliances. Large appliances should be plugged directly into an outlet and always follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for the appliance.
Here’s my entire interview with Chief Wolverton earlier this morning.