Contact Us

Shreveport Assistant Fire Chief Urging Heating Safety in Light of Space Heater Fire, Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

spaceheater_richiec
richiec/Flickr

A woman went to the hospital for smoke inhalation…after her electric space heater ignited combustibles.  A family of three was sent to the hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning because they were operating a portable generator indoors without proper ventilation.

These are just a couple of reasons firefighters want to remind residents to “think safety” when heating their homes during the cooler months.

Shreveport Assistant Fire Chief Fred Sanders shared some tips with me on properly using space heaters, kerosene heaters, generators, gave some guidelines on extension cords, and discussed the need for working smoke and carbon monoxide detectors in your home.

Audio clip: Adobe Flash Player (version 9 or above) is required to play this audio clip. Download the latest version here. You also need to have JavaScript enabled in your browser.

More from 710 KEEL

Best of the Web

Leave a Comment

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your points and personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account with your Facebook account, just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing profile and VIP program points. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://710keel.com using your Facebook account.

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

Register on News Radio 710 KEEL quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!

Not a Member? Sign Up Here

Register on News Radio 710 KEEL quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!