Panel Times and 5 More Things To Remember About Geek’d Con
Subscribe to News Radio 710 KEEL on
Geek’d Con is almost here…August 18th-20th at the Shreveport Convention Center. You probably already know how big the lineup is, with Lou Ferrigno, Joey Fatone, Kelly Hu, Billy West, Sam J Jones, and a ton more. But sometimes there are pieces of the event you either forget about, or didn’t even know about.
A few days ago, I thought it might be a good idea to post about some of the things that have either been added this year, that you might not know about, or recap things you may have forgotten about. Like FREE PARKING. People enjoyed it so much, I thought I’d do another.
This time focusing on a couple of things that have to do with what actually happens when the doors open. Like the Panel Schedule. This year’s Panel Room is brought to you by Take 5 Oil Change, and will play host to panels on Star Wars, Comic Books, and more. The Panel Room will be running from Saturday morning through Sunday afternoon. You can find a schedule here:
Here are some other things to keep in mind:
1. Autographs are available from our Celebrity lineup all day Saturday and Sunday. There’s not set schedule for the celebrities, but their plan is to be in the house all day Saturday and Sunday, available at their tables for you to stop by. They will take breaks from their table to entertain at their panels, have lunch, or catch their breath, but the rest of the time they’re there for you!
2. There are two ways to get pictures with celebrities this year. Either at their table, or with our Professional Photo Ops. If you get a picture at their table, you’ll be able to use your phone or your own camera, and have a picture snapped when you meet the guest. With the Celebrity Photo Op, a professional photographer will get you set up in front of their backdrop, and take a high res photo of you and the celebrity. After that you will be able to get a copy of the picture printed out, on-site, in 8×10 format. You could take that pic over to the celebrities table right away to have them sign that!
3. General Admission tickets will get you access to all of the celebrities. There are two VIP versions of tickets available, but those don’t change your ability to meet our celebrity guests. The VIP tickets include a lot of cool freebies, and super limited prints, but the celebrity access you get with a general admission ticket is the same.
4. Friday night is our Vendor Preview Night, which is also our night for Free Kids, and Military Members and Veterans get in FREE as well, with a valid military ID. Friday night is a night where everyone can come in and get first shot at the vendor’s inventory. If you have a certain comic book you’re looking for, what a hot new toy, or need to get the floor plan mapped out for your Saturday, you can do it all Friday night. Celebrities aren’t required to attend, but every year a couple swing in to hang out, so you never know who might stop by!
5. The Cosplay Contest, brought to you by Super Hero Photo and the Digital Media Institute, is Sunday afternoon at 1pm. Wear your best cosplay and compete for prizes that afternoon. You never know if your cosplay will click with the celebrity judges this year!