Louisiana Has Some Weird Laws on the Books
Legally speaking, Louisiana is an odd little state. We still follow Napoleonic Code. We are one of two states who don’t have their high courts in the state capital. We have parishes not counties. We’re just weird and strange.
And on top of all the other weird stuff we have going on, we have some hilariously strange laws on the books. No, like seriously. I don’t know what was going on in 1812 when we were made a state in the US and began writing laws…but we have some very, very peculiar laws on the books.
Here are just some of the highlights:
- It is illegal to urinate in the water supply and an infraction may cost you up to 20 years in prison
- It is illegal to gargle in public places.
- Snoring is prohibited unless all bedroom windows are closed and securely locked.
- Ordering a pizza to be delivered to your friend without them knowing could land you a $500 fine.
- Mourners at a wake may not eat more than three sandwiches.
- Taxi drivers are prohibited from making love in the front seat of their taxi during their shifts.
- “Fake” wrestling matches are prohibited.
- It’s a crime for fans at a sporting event to insult or disparage the players.
- Goatees are illegal unless you first pay a special license fee for the privilege of wearing one in public.
- It is illegal for a woman in New Orleans to drive a car unless her husband is waving a flag in front of it.
You literally can not make this stuff up if you tried…
Subscribe to News Radio 710 KEEL on