Here Are the Largest Lottery Jackpots in US History
The winning ticket in the Powerball drawing on Saturday night climbed to $570 million dollars. That jackpot lands near the top of the list of the the largest prizes.
The Mega Millions drawing on Friday night also landed on the top list. The prize grew to $450 mllion which puts it at #9 on the all time largest lottery jackpot list.
If you know me, you know I am obsessed with the Powerball once it climbs to more than $100 million. So how big is this jackpot? It’s now the 7th largest prize in all of the big games.
The Mega Millions jackpot is also on the rise. It has climbed to $343 million for the Tuesday drawing.
Here’s a list of the top prizes from the multistate games: Powerball and Mega Millions:
1. $1.5 billion Powerball January 13, 2016
2. $758 million, Powerball won August 24, 2018 by Mavis Wanczyk of Massachusets. She chose the lump sum payment of $480 million.
3. $656 million, Mega Millions, won March 30, 2012, by three tickets, sold in Maryland, Illinois and Kansas. Cash: $471 million
4. $648 million, Mega Millions, won Dec. 17, 2013, in Georgia and California. Cash: $347.6 million.
5. $590.5 million, Powerball, won May 18, 2013, in Florida. Cash: $370.9 million. Record for most cash collected by a single winner.
6. $587.5 million, Powerball, won Nov. 28, 2012, by two tickets, sold in Missouri and Arizona. Cash: $384.7 million
7. $570 million, Powerball jackpot was one by one ticket in New Hampshire in the drawing on Saturday, January 6, 2018.
8. $450 million, Mega Millions ticket was sold in Florida for the January 5th, 2018 drawing.
9. $448.4 million, Powerball, for Aug. 7, 2013, drawing, won by 3 tickets, 2 of them in New Jersey, one in Minnesota. Cash: $258.2 million.
10. $425.4 million, Powerball, won Feb. 19, 2014, in California. Cash: $242.2 million.
11. $414 million, Mega Millions, won March 18, 2014, by 2 tickets, in Maryland and Florida. Cash: $230.9 million.
12. $399.4 million, Powerball, for Sept. 18, 2013, drawing, won in South Carolina. Cash: $223.1 million.
13. $393 million, Mega Millions, won August 11, 2017 by 1 ticket in Illinois. It was sold at Nick’s Barbecue in Palos Heights about 20 miles southwest of Chicago. Cash: $247 million.