LA Film Prize Searching for “Ambassadors” for Upcoming Film Festival
Would you like to be closely involved with the upcoming LA Film Prize Film Festival? If you’re interested in partnering with an out-of-town filmmaker who has been selected as a Top 20 contestant for the film prize, then you should be a Film Prize ambassador! You may even win $1000!
LAFP Ambassador Program
So you’re thinking about being a Louisiana Film Prize Ambassador? Do you have a large social media following? Are you outgoing and enjoy planning get-togethers? Do you LOVE film? If you’ve answered yes to the above questions, you’re the perfect fit!
Our Ambassador program is set up so that the LA Film Prize’s out-of-town filmmakers can have similar advantages as our local filmmakers. By linking you up with an out-of-town film, you two will work on promotional ideas that you will help take into the Shreveport/Bossier community and promote. Oh, and did I forget to mention that if your film ends up being the $50,000 winner, you will receive $1,000! $1,000!!!
- Print out their film poster and post them in Coffee Shops, Bars, Grocery Stores, anywhere you can!
- Brainstorm festival weekend parties or promotional activities that allow you to spread awareness of your film..(and maybe bribe your audience to vote for your filmmaker!)
Previous Promotional Examples:
- Interviews on local TV stations. They LOVE us. When Festival weekend rolls around, they are looking for anything that has to do with our filmmakers, especially our out-of-town filmmakers. (We can provide you with those contacts).
- Set up a tent in Festival Central and hand out promotional items like headphones, keychains, etc. One film threw fake $50 bills on the ground and when you bent down to pick it up, it unfolded into a “Vote for XYZ”.
- Host a “happy hour” at one of our downtown bars and promote “first 20 people get free beer” or whatever you feel you can afford! (This is something the filmmakers help pay for) (We can help provide bar contact information).
Sound like something you want to do? If so, here’s more info:
Once you are assigned your film, you are responsible for reaching out to the contact provided. Become familiar with their film’s Facebook page (if they have one). Link it up with yours and promote them as much as you can. Remember, the better you promote, the better chance you have at winning $1,000! Thanks for your time and VIVA LA FILM PRIZE!
If you are interested in participating in the LA Film Prize “Ambassador” Program, here is some contact information.
401 Market St
phone: (318) 213-6437
The man who knows everything at Film Prize: ian@LAFilmPrize.com
Filmmaker Liason: chris@LAFilmPrize.com