It’s the Season to See Some Green, So How Would You Spend Free Money?
You have a wonderful opportunity to win some cash on 710 KEEL, along with a growing lottery jackpot from the Louisiana Lotto and Powerball.
Every day, you have the chance to win $1,000 on the air by listening for the cue to call throughout the day. You can also win $10,000!
This wealth redistribution could help pay some bills, fill up the savings account, or may be put towards something bigger. While it’s not quite a Powerball jackpot, which is at about $193 million, you could win both.
So, what should you do with that money? Forbes has a few suggestions:
- If you win the lotto, try to stay anonymous if your state lets you.
- See a tax pro before you cash your ticket.
- Avoid sudden lifestyle changes.
- Pay off your debts, no matter how little or how much you win.
- Assemble a team of legal and financial advisers.
- Invest prudently
- Live within a budget
- Take steps to protect assets
- Plan charitable gifts
- Review your estate plan
Of course, that is what winners should do, but what do potentials winners think they will actually do? Business News Daily has a list for that, too:
- Start a business
- Get a divorce
- Pay off student loans
- Find a job in an area I actually want to work in
- Endow a scholarship at a college
- Buy parents a home closer to me
- Donate 10% to my church
- Makeover my home and hire a maid
- Buy a grand piano
- Pursue teaching
- Buy an RV and travel
- Hire a daily hairdresser and masseuse, as well as a chauffeur
- Vacation to Disney World
- Work for free at a non-profit
- Establish a charitable foundation