Electrical Fire Damages North Shreveport Home
The Shreveport Fire Department was dispatched to 3380 Downing Court this afternoon at 3:05 pm for a reported house fire. Fire crews arrived on scene at 3:09 pm to find a one story brick home with flames and heavy smoke coming from a bedroom on the front corner of the home. The fire had already extended into the attic. The fire was brought under control at 3:22 pm.
The home was occupied by one adult and five children. All escaped without injury. The occupant stated her smoke detector went off and she went towards the bedroom and found smoke coming from it. She then got all of her family out of the home.
The cause of the fire was determined to be a small extension cord that was plugged into a window air conditioner in the bedroom. The extension cord overheated setting the bedroom contents on fire.