East Texas Man Electrocuted While Somewhere ‘He Shouldn’t Have Been’
An east Texas man is in the hospital after being electrocuted. Harrison County Sheriff's Administrative Deputy Jay Webb says 47-year-old Kenneth Boyler was brought in to Good Shepherd Marshall Hospital's emergency room with burns to his hand, chest and neck. The burns indicated that Boyler had apparently touched very high-voltage wiring.
The medical staff's statement to a deputy was that Boyler had been at an unknown location and didn't have permission to be removing electrical equipment and wiring. The alleged theft happened near Waskom, but because he's been sedated, investigators haven't been able to interview Boyler to find out exactly where.
The person who brought Boyler to the hospital said the man came to his residence in Bethany and said he needed to go to a hospital because he'd just been electrocuted at a well site. Boyler allegedly said he shouldn't have been there. He's listed in fair condition with non-life-threatening burns. Attempts to interview him will continue, and charges are possible.