Bossier Sheriff’s Office Ready for Annual 4th of July ‘In God We Trust’ Rally
Everyone is invited to the Bossier Sheriff's Office Viking Drive Substation for the annual 4th of July "In God We Trust" rally.
It's being held July 4, 2014, from 1-4 p.m. The free event features hot dogs cooked by Bossier City firefighters, plenty of children's activities outside -- including bounce houses, face painting, cookie-decorating, games and snacks.
The Posse will be doing kids' fingerprinting, and the new D.A.R.E. car and Sheriff's Office motorcycles will be on display.
Veteran broadcaster Rick Rowe will serve as master of ceremonies, and our own Gary McCoy from Kiss Country 93.7 will broadcast live from the event.
Here's the schedule for the afternoon:
- Opening comments - Rick Rowe
- Presentation of the Colors - Young Marines Color Guard
- National Anthem - Devin Allen Cartwright of Benton
- Posting of the Colors - Young Marines Color Guard
- Pledge of Allegiance - Led by YM Sgt. Rachel Elmore
- Opening Prayer - YM PFC Mithell Hayes
- "God Bless America" on the Vilolin - Kurissa Parks of Parkway High School
- Remarks by Bossier Sheriff Julian Whittington
- Video - WWII Posse Member Bill Breeland
- Violin - Kurissa Parks
- Remarks by U.S. Representative Bill Cassidy
- Video - World War II Tribute
- Congressman Cassidy recognizes WWII Veterans
- U.S. Flag giveaway - Congressman Cassidy
- Video - WWII Posse Member John Williams
- Princeton Elementary School 4th and 5th-graders Essay Contest winners read "What Does Freedom Mean to Me?"
- Remarks by Louisiana Representative Henry Burns
- Young Marines success recognition (five Young Marines)
- Remarks by Louisiana Representative Jeff Thompson
- U.S. Flag giveaway
- Video - WWII Posse Member Ken Myers, Sr.
- Video - "Salute to the Troops"
- Video - WWII Posse Member Herbert Dunlop
- Video message by Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal
- Check presentation by Sue Estess to Bossier Sheriff's Young Marines
- Sheriff Whittington presents check showing all donations to Young Marines
- Closing prayer - Pastor Brad Jurkovich, First Bossier Church
- Closing song by Sonja Barber - "God Bless the USA"
There's plenty of parking off of the east side of the substation towards Airline High School, and shuttles will be available from parking areas to the substation. Handicapped parking can be found on the west side of the building.