Bossier City House Fire Displaces Five
Just days before Christmas, a Bossier City house in the 2500 block of Belmont Boulevard has been heavily damaged by fire. Five people were home at the time but managed to get out safely. They’re now staying with other family members. Flames and heavy smoke were pouring from the house when firefighters arrived. It took them about 15 minutes to bring the fire under control. An investigation has revealed that the fire started from a pot of cooking oil left on the hot kitchen stove. The fire engulfed the kitchen and quickly spread into the attic, causing considerable damage to the house. A pickup truck that was parked in the driveway was also damaged by the fire’s heat. There were no injuries.