Amazing Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About Louisiana
We all think we know a great deal about Louisiana,the place we call home. But here are a few facts about our home state that are, well, absolutely amazing!
1) Louisiana’s legal system is different from the other 49 states. It’s based on French and Spanish civil law, as opposed to English common law.
2) It’s not only possible to be elected governor with only 33% of the vote, it happened as recently as 1987.
3) In the 1920s a Louisiana restaurant came up with an affordable sandwich in an effort to help workers on strike. It was called the po’ boy.
4) In Louisiana, biting someone with your natural teeth is considered simple assault. Biting someone with your false teeth is aggravated assault.
5) In the early 1900s during a meat shortage, Louisiana devised a plan to raise hippos for consumption.
Pretty unbelievable, eh? Well, these five are just the tip of the iceberg! To see the entire list of ‘Amazing Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About Louisiana’, JUST CLICK HERE!