1964 GT40 Prototype Sells for Seven Million at Mecum Auto Auction in Houston
The Mecum auto auction in Houston drew car enthusiasts from across the country.
Here are the top five sellers from 5 to 1:
5. 1968 Toyota FJ-44 $150,000
4. 1934 Cadillac Fleetwood $165,000
3. 2008 Ferrari 430 $170,000
2. 1967 McNamara corvette $725,000
1. 1964 GT40 prototype created by Carroll Shelby 7 million dollars
The majority of buyers are anonymous. So we don't know who plopped down $7 million for the GT40, but the bidding was hot and heavy.
Mecum Auctions set up shop at Houston’s Reliant Center with a 1,000-car offering encompassing coveted collector cars from all genres.